thyssenkrupp Marine Systems
Safe Pair of Hands
- As the world’s most experienced designer and builder of conventional submarines, we have developed unrivaled capabilities in designing submarines.
- We have a proven track record in building over 160 submarines, including for 6 NATO Navies, with 51 submarines built in 7 of our customers’ own countries.
- We have designed and up-scaled more conventional submarine classes for all climates and weather.
- thyssenkrupp has a history of delivering fixed price offers (whether in the naval area or in other areas of industrial plant technology).
- thyssenkrupp’s ability to deliver unparalleled technology and levels of reliability stem from a consistent investment in our R&D program.
- It is this investment that has fueled thyssenkrupp’s unmatched record of delivering projects on time and at cost, making us the safe, reliable choice for Australia.
- Our offer is a safe pair of hands to build the next generation of regionally superior submarines.
Commitment to Australia
- We offer a fixed price contract with a guaranteed delivery schedule.
- thyssenkrupp will create high-skilled jobs in Australia to become a regional hub for shipbuilding.
- We have already engaged with over 500 suppliers in Australia to ensure a high degree of local industry involvement.
- thyssenkrupp’s submarine technology belongs to Germany’s declared core capabilities – which Germany is prepared to share with the Commonwealth of Australia.
- We believe that an all-Australian build would provide maximum benefit for the Commonwealth. Therefore, we were the first to offer it.
- We are ready to deliver on day one, ensuring the next generation of submarines for Australia’s future, along with a promise to invest in Australia’s manufacturing sector.
- We are ready from day one as Australia’s partner and will provide substantial regional employment and investment throughout Australia.
- We are prepared to enter in a partnership with Australian shipbuilding industry to take responsibility for an Australian-built submarine program.
- Local Australian industry will have direct access to cutting-edge digital industrial innovation and expertise. thyssenkrupp wants to give local businesses the opportunity to participate in the global supply chain. This starts with the advanced manufacturing base centered in South Australia and continues with the development of a digital shipyard that will give Australia the competitive edge.
A Long & Proud History in Australia
- thyssenkrupp’s operations with Australia date back to 1865. The year 2015 was our 150 year anniversary.
- Today, we are present in over 20 locations nationwide. Our almost 1,000 employees generate annual sales of approximately AUD 500 million in 2014/2015.
- With global revenues of around AUD 65 billion in 2014/2015, thyssenkrupp is one of Germany’s leading industrial conglomerates.
- We already have substantial partnerships with Australian industry as the technology provider for the submarines.
Let’s engineer Australia’s tomorrow together.